I recently read this great article on how small businesses can get repeat business. It had some great tips, but as I was reading I started thinking about what small business owners have been telling me for months. They feel intimidated and overwhelmed with all the things they are being told they need to do online:
- Give great customer service (it’s not explicitly stated, but getting feedback is a critical component of this)
- Make sure your customers know you are there for them
- Keep in touch with your customers and provide them with timely information
- Special promotions, deals, incentives
- Leverage email lists, blogging, surveys, contests, webinars, social media
- Not just Facebook! Leverage Twitter, Google+, Instagram, Pinterest, etc.
- Designing an app for your business
- Thank your customers
- Create loyalty/reward/incentive programs
- Provide perks like free samples, coupons, events and seminars, gifts with purchase
There isn’t enough time in the day for a small business owner to do all these things! Small business owners already have the in-person interactions down to a science. But moving or enhancing their customer interactions to the Internet is another challenge altogether.
This article validates why we created Bizyhood. Bizyhood is for the small and local business – those folks that don’t have thousands of dollars to invest in digital marketing software and services and don’t have the time or resources to do a lot of these things themselves. Bizyhood will provide all of these services in a simple to use interface that costs less per month than running an ad in your local newspaper. And with the added benefit of leveraging Bizyhood’s community building features – where you are uniquely identified with your town and the loyal customers that you service.
Bizyhood is a great way for a small business to “dip their toes” in the water of online customer service and engagement. Small business owners know they need to be doing these things, but they don’t know how to do most of them and don’t have the time to do any of them. Enter Bizyhood, to the rescue.
Bizyhood’s vision is to give business owners the ability to create and maintain a strong relationship with their customers online as well as offline. All web based and easy to use. Minutes a day or you can pay a little bit more and work with our services staff to get you started. Don’t be scared by all the things you should be doing to engage your customers online – we’ll make it as easy as using the telephone.