We recently released our latest Bizyhood plugin for WordPress. There are several new features, and we’re setting up for some big new features coming soon.
Given that our #1 priority is to help local digital publishers generate new revenue streams (based on lead generation for local businesses in their community), we wanted to offer our Top 10 things you should be doing with the latest plugin to generate new revenue. Each item comes with a short video (30-90 seconds) to help make it as simple as possible for you to be successful. If you have any questions or need information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that more detailed information on the plugin can be found within our Users Guide.
- Setup and promote your Business Guide page. You now have a page (/business-guide by default) that automatically adds and removes businesses when they upgrade or downgrade. Let local businesses know they can show up on that page simply by upgrading to a paid monthly subscription. Share this page regularly on social media and in your email newsletters.
- Create Cornerstone Content and Content Groups for each of them. An extension to your Business Guide page. You can create WHATEVER landing page you like. Create a page for Realtors…. Local restaurants…. Contractors. Charge extra for businesses to be featured on these vertically focused pages. You have total control over what businesses get displayed on which page – simply create content groups in your publisher dashboard, and use the unique ID for each content group when using the [bh-group] shortcode.
- Offer to share Events and Promotions that your businesses are posting to social media, and make sure those posts point back to their page on your site. All events created by businesses show up on /business-events by default and all promotions on /business-promotions. Share these pages regularly on social media and in your email newsletters. Each page has their own RSS feed to automatically add them to emails. In addition, publishers are having success getting businesses to upgrade by offering to post their events and promotions on your own social media channels. In other words, when they self-serve (and pay), you help promote!
- Create email blasts specifically for premium businesses (RSS feed). Send a weekly email of local promotions…. Or upcoming events. We provide RSS feeds to all events and promotions, or specific businesses events and promotions.
- Offer a Do It For Me (DIFM) option for business owners at a small extra monthly charge. We hear it all the time from local businesses “I don’t have time to add content online.” So, offer to do it for them for an extra charge! We call this the Do It For Me option vs. the Do It Yourself option. Some publishers are distinguishing the Plus and Pro tiers as DIY and DIFM.
- WIDGETS – on page and in articles. Bizyhood’s widgets are simple to use and powerful. The search widget increases session visits by > 6x and page views by 10x. The Bizybox widget in your WordPress editor allows you to add links to businesses with a single click. Meet The Merchant allows you to expose paying businesses in a rotation and is heavily clicked on. None of these widgets are ads, so they don’t get blocked in browsers and on mobile.
- SEARCH. Did we just mention that search increases engagement by > 6x? Try it and see! Search engines know that intent via search is a massive buying signal.
- Self upgrade in Publisher Dashboard. Would you like to bundle the Bizyhood functionality with other features and bill the customers yourself? You can now upgrade businesses yourself in the publisher dashboard. You will then pay the split TO Bizyhood instead of getting revenue back FROM Bizyhood. Create packages where you can make $100, $200, $500/mo per business off a $25/mo/business Bizyhood payment.
- Multi-month discounts. For those businesses signing up directly through Bizyhood, they can now sign up for 3, 6 and 12 months in advance and save 5%, 10% or 15% off the regular monthly price.
- Analytics. Businesses can now (at a glance) see how many people are viewing their page, events, promotions. You can see (in your publisher dashboard) all the hits to every page for every business. We are noticing business owners logging in simply to see how many views they are getting!
Of course, since we can’t help but talk about what’s coming down the road, we are really excited about the following 3 new features:
- Have a great answer for when businesses want you (at no charge) to write about them or post their press release. A new feature coming soon – businesses will be able to post Press Releases and blog posts to their own page as part of the Pro tier. Anybody that wants you write a story about them for free can now write their own and post it for as little as $50/mo.
- Get ready for Ask A Question. A game-changing lead generation feature! Readers will be able to connect directly to businesses via your site. And all trackable by the business in their dashboard. This is tightly integrated with Bizyhood search and will make your site an engagement MACHINE.
Lastly, if you’d like to hear how a fellow publisher talks about all this, please see this video from Denise Lockwood at Racine County Eye: