Bizyhood allows users and businesses to contribute multiple kinds of content. This includes reviews, business descriptions, responses to reviews, photos, events, advertising, private messages, and more. Bizyhood is built and based on “trust” – that users can be trusted to write meaningful and honest reviews, and that businesses can be trusted to respond in a professional and helpful manner. Bad behavior will be flagged by us, but also by the community – nobody likes people who can’t be trusted to give honest and open feedback.
- Inappropriate content: Threats, harassment, lewdness, hate speech, and other displays of bigotry will not be tolerated
- Conflicts of interest: Your contributions should be unbiased and objective. For example, you shouldn’t write reviews of your own business or employer, your friends’ or relatives’ business, or businesses in your networking group unless you specifically identify yourself as such.
- Promotional content: You can promote your business with a Bizyhood Pro or Bizyhood Plus account. A Bizyhood Free account allows you to post information about your business on your landing page, but no specific promotional material. You should not be posting your own promotions in the content section.
- Relevance: Please make sure your contributions are relevant and appropriate to the forum. For example, reviews aren’t the place for rants about a business’s employment practices, political ideologies, extraordinary circumstances, or other matters that don’t address the core of the consumer experience. Keep your comments to what you would physically say to someone if they asked you for an honest opinion of the quality of a specific business.
- Privacy: Don’t publicize other people’s private information, including full names, photos or other identifying information.
- Intellectual property: If you are going to cut/paste a review, make sure you give credit to the original author. Better yet, write your own reviews!